*THE SECOND FORUM ON TRANSLATION AND INTER-CULTURAL STUDIES & SYMPOSIUM ON CHINESE PEDAGOGY
- Conference Travel Information：
1、After conference travel info
2、A Taste of Portland-logistics
3、A two-day local tour on your own with a rental car
- About City of Portland: http://ecodistrictssummit.com/in-portland/
Rank: 5 among 100 of the country’s largest cities nationwide Population: 598,205
Please check the link to get 2012 America’s Best Cities Ranking: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-s-50-best-cities.html?page=all
Portland is known for its Pacific Northwestern brand of laid-back living, with education and restaurant offerings to go with air quality you won’t find on the East Coast. The city’s become beloved of America’s hipsters, do-it-yourselfers, and localist foodies. The constant turnover of such creative types adds up to a busy, if offbeat, arts and music scene. Another popular recent arrival is the city’s major league soccer team, the Portland Timbers, which regularly sells out its games.
Pro sports teams: 2
Park acres per 1,000 residents: 25
Percent with graduate degree: 11.8
Median household income: $65,554
Percent unemployed: 7.9
- About Portland State University: Portland State University (PSU) is a public state urban university located in downtown Portland, Oregon, United States. Founded in 1946, it has the largest overall undergraduate and graduate enrollment of any university in the state of Oregon. It is also the only public university in the state that is located in a major metropolitan city. Portland State is part of the Oregon University System (OUS).
The athletic teams are known as the Portland State Vikings with school colors of green and white. Teams compete at the NCAA Division I Level, primarily in the Big Sky Conference. Schools at PSU include the School of Business Administration, Graduate School of Education, School of Fine and Performing Arts, School of Social Work, College of Urban and Public Affairs, Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
click to watch the introduction video about Portland State University
- About Tsinghua University:Tsinghua University (Chinese: 清华大学, qīnghuá dàxué), is a university in Beijing, China. The school is one of the nine universities of the C9 League. It was established in 1911 under the name “Tsinghua Xuetang” or “Tsinghua College” and was renamed the “Tsinghua School” one year later. The university section was founded in 1925 and the name “National Tsinghua University” was adopted in 1928. With a motto of Self-Discipline and Social Commitment, Tsinghua University describes itself as being dedicated to academic excellence, the well-being of Chinese society and to global development. Tsinghua is often ranked as the first or second best university in mainland China in many national and international rankings.
click to watch the introduction video about Tsinghua University
- About the Confucius Institute at Portland State University:The Confucius Institute at PSU (CI-PSU), the 11th such institute in the U.S., officially opened on May 16, 2007, after Portland State University signed an agreement in January 2007 with The Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban). Portland State’s Confucius Institute is to promote educational exchange and cooperation between the US and the PRC, and jointly develops academic exchange programs with its partner school Soochow University. The CI-PSU is rapidly becoming an important window for the local community and the general public in the region to learn about China and Chinese culture.
click to watch the introduction video about the Confucius Institute at Portland State University