In cooperation with academic and administrative units on campus the IC fosters:
- curricular integration
- travel abroad opportunities
- increased international presence on campus
- increased engagement with others, both nearby and around the world
- formation of the Internationalization Council
- reports on campus international initiatives and activities
The Office of International Affairs the President’s Office and the Provost’s Office work closely with the Internationalization Initiative to accomplish its goals. Patricia Wetzel, Interim Vice Provost of International Affairs, facilitates the Internationalization Initiative.
Internationalization Council History
The Internationalization Council was formed in 2002 for the purpose of revising and refining the goals of the Internationalization Initiative. The Council was reorganized as an Internationalization Council, appointed by the Provost, in 2008. In the period since 2002, and with input from the campus community, the Council created the Internationalization Action Plan to further the Internationalization Initiative.
See PSU’s Internationalization Strategy brochure for more information.